Friday, July 17, 2009

Shaping Games

I like to teach tricks, and I like to clicker train. It's a pretty good combination. I think all dogs should have at least one party trick.

Anyway, Vito's "sad" is the cutest thing ever, and was super easy to teach. So easy in fact that I taught Lacey in five minutes at work a few weeks ago. Having her at my house allowed me even more time to perfect it.

May I present Lacey's Sad.









She doesn't have the same sad expression that Vito gets...I think her tongue, and her crooked teeth make her look like she's smiling rather than being sad.... :o)Perhaps we should rename it "if your happy and you know it slam your chin on the floor...."

6 comments:

penni said...

That's awfully cute.

Chase has one white front leg and one brindle front leg, so I'm trying to teach him "Chocolate Shake" and "Vanilla Shake". It's slow going because he doesn't seem to know there's a difference.

manymuddypaws said...

when he gets it- it will be very cute! i would concentrate on one first, and then once he understands the cue for that, I would do the other...and emphasis on the "vanilla" or "chocolate" not the shake for the cue...

have fun!

onecollie said...

OMG!! how cute is she!!! love the whites of her eyes showing!!

colleen said...

how does one teach this "slam your chin on the floor"?

Anonymous said...

She thinks being sad is fun. There are cookies involved aren't there? :) - Wendy

Blazingstar said...

how adorable is that? you should rename the command "be cute"!