Monday, July 06, 2009

Refreshed


We are back from our 5 day camping trip. It was wonderful. It was a much needed break and I feel like I can breathe now.

The dogs had SO MUCH FUN. They are exhausted. Wicca is the skinniest I've ever seen her from all the swimming. We basically hung out by ourselves for the whole time, and I wasn't lonely, or bored.

I read nine books. Novels. Serious. I slept in every morning, went to bed early, and had a nap almost every day. I relaxed. When I wasn't playing with the dogs of course!

We had wicked storms every night. Serious thunder and lightening. Boone survived mostly, but we did take shelter at a friends house the last night. I was worried Boone would have a heart attack if he didn't settle down.


We played lots of fetch. And only managed to lose two toys.


We swam everyday. The lake was beautiful and rarely was there anyone else around in the mornings. Boone was more brave in the water than I've ever seen him, and Vito too swam willingly. Pixel is getting better and better, but was still reluctant to actually swim.

We (well, the dogs) crittered. Hardcore. Must kill the bunnies. Vito was on high alert all day, every day. Bunnies. Gophers. Birds. He was intense. The little critters were everywhere- tiny little baby bunnies, very cute...and very tempting for my dogs!

I took lots, and lots of photos over the five days. Some are actually very good. I will post more over the next few days as not to bore everyone.

11 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

That was quite a crew to take camping! Bet they had a ball....so glad you got to go, and read, and play, and just "be"...it's important to recharge like that.

penni said...

It sounds like such a great time for you and dogs. Welcome back to the work-a-day world.

Sharrie said...

I lost the pix with all the dogs in the door. They are just darling. Sounds like the camping was awesome.

Nicki said...

sounds nice!

Esther said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation :)

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

sounds like a great time! I'm so jealous! I would have LOVED the 'down time' WITH the dogs!

onecollie said...

love love love love the footprint shot!!!!!!!

Deirdre said...

What an awesome holiday. I love those times when everyone is tired and happy from all the playing and relaxing.

So what books did you read - any that you'd recommend?

Kim said...

I am glad you had a great trip and got some time to relax and just enjoy hanging out with the pups. It sounds like this was just what you needed.

Jules said...

Sounds like you had a lovely trip with th epups. i am glad for you!

Laurie Eno said...

Wait, "too many" dog photos? Is that even possible?!

:) Laurie