Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Result of Fun

I'm a bad dog mom.
I let Boone swim, and run in the coulees, and just be a dog for five whole days.
The Result?

Well- he was a mess. He had dredlocks starting on his hips, he had burs on his legs-the tiny ones that are impossible almost to get out...

Essentially from the middle of his back down to his back legs was cording. It was not attractive. At All. I attempted to brush them out, but felt like I was torturing the poor guy.

So. I shaved him. All over with a #5 blade. Ugh.

He doesn't look as bad as I thought he would. But it still bugs me. My ex-groomer friend Jolene helped me with his head. Poor Dude.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the embarrasing "after" photos. They aren't great photos because I was in a hurry. But hey, it's better than nothin!






P.S- Jo- I think I want to take more off on his chin...

10 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG i think he looks adorable! i think he should stay like that all the time!! i like you you can see his colours

he really looks like a fraggle now! i love how big his ears look!

manymuddypaws said...

wait until you see how little he is...it is pretty shocking!

onecollie said...

LOL!!, no problem , we'll fix him up tomorrow!

miradukesadie said...

I love it!!!!

Diana said...

I think he looks very cute! I love seeing his spots. And its just hair, it will grow. Diana

ClassyChassy said...

Bet people will ask what kind of dog he really is??? Oh my goodness!

Jules said...

He doesn't look too unhappy about it. I love being able to see his markings. very cool!

Sue C. said...

He looks like a funny looking schnauzer LOL!! Very cute!

manymuddypaws said...

He is so ashamed, he won't even look at the camera. ;)

Lisa Bailey said...

Amanda, he reminds me of Sylvia Trkman's La (except for the head of course)!