Monday, January 25, 2010

Obedience/Rally Funmatch

I took the girls to a funmatch yesterday, it was a pretty great day with lots of dog friends. I think everyone had a great time.

I entered Wicca in Open and was pretty happy with how she did. She fumbled the dumbbell on the retrieve on the flat, but otherwise was perfect. Her long sits and downs were awful however. She was worse than ever and very nervous- stressed out even before they started. I really need to get her to new places and practice this more. But her heeling was great, and she was very up.

I also entered her in Advanced Rally- she did really great, and we got a 98- two crooked sits was all we were docked.

Pixel did a novice run through for the first time and did super! I didn't do the stand for exam (I haven't trained it) and I didn't do any finishes (again, not fully trained) But her heeling- holy cow can this dog heel. She did so well and was attentive the whole time. I was very proud of her. Her recall was nice, although we still need to work on those fronts. But the heeling alone made up for all of that- her halts were perfect, and she was so focused. Her tail was going the whole time. Here are some photos that Sarah took on Maureen's camera (thanks ladies!)






I also entered her in two round of rally- novice, and advanced. Her novice went really well and we lost five points only for my error. I stepped on her toe on a U turn...she was forging and I didn't realise it...poor girl. So we had a bit of a play and then continued on. She was very hesitant with left turns the rest of the day...will have to go back and work on that now. In the advanced run she spooked at the stereo. Not even kidding. Mind you the music was pretty horrific. It was some strange 60's song with thunder and crackling...Pixel was pretty freaked out so we stopped and fed near it. She recovered though and finished the course.

There is a funmatch in a different building next weekend too, so I am going to take them. The more places, the better!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

it was a fun day!! Pixel looks just too darn cute out there and man she is gonna be a star. Her tail says it all :)

Wicca looked really upbeat too, i think she is trying to show up Pixel and keep her spot as top dog :)

maybe you could velcro her butt to the floor for the stays?? i won't tell, promise :)

Taryn said...

Pixel really gives you nice attention during the heel!

onecollie said...

look at little Pixel heeling!!!, bad mommy for stepping on your toe!

Jules said...

Wow, Pixel looks super! and HAPPY!

Natasha said...

Pixel looks SO attentive, great job!! I especially like the third photo. Glad that Wicca did great too!

Elbeepem said...

Beautiful heeling...worth its weight in gold when a dog will do that! She's going to be awesome!

Nice work. The matches are great for them. Always good to see how well your dog does, and zero in on what needs more practice!

Elf said...

Heeling looks great in the photos! Good work.