Thursday, January 07, 2010

First Trial of the Year

This weekend is our first trial of the year. I am looking forward to it, although do feel a bit rusty. I haven't trialed since October- seems like so long ago!

There is a whole Go Dog Go contingency going, so that will be fun. We've planned a Pizza Party on Saturday night at our "stall." I think one of my favorite parts of a trial is the social aspect. It is nice to talk dogs to dog people for a whole weekend.

Vito and Pixel are staying home and will be going to their prospective dogsitters for the weekend. :o)
I usually like for Pixel to tag a long but have Ally and Tripp to take with me this time. Their owner is flying back on Saturday, and has Ally entered at the trial. I'll get to run Ally on Saturday- which will be fun. They'll be going home after the weekend. I'll miss them...especially little Tripp. He is such a good puppy.

On to the trial goals and thoughts....

Boone is entered in a full trial- he needs one more Advanced Standard leg to move to Masters, so I am hoping for that. He was amazing at training this week so I am feeling pretty good about it. His weaves have improved so much and his contacts were solid. I am excited to put some of our training to use on the Masters courses.

Wicca is not entered in a full trial, I think I didn't put her in Challenge, and a standard? I'd really like a Snooker or Jumper Q this weekend, but will be thrilled if she runs well for me. We've been training hard at home, and over Christmas break- much progress has been made in the past few months and I am hoping it all stays together this weekend. I will make a point of correcting startlines though, either by leaving, or resetting her.

Regardless of what happens we will have fun!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Good Luck this weekend!

No trials for me until March so I have a long wait (or should I say opportunity to train). After a long holiday training break, I had 2 WILD monkeys at class this week. It may take til March to restore order!

Sarah said...

just think it is the same time frame between competing at regionals and nationals (no trials in between) and look how well that went :)

i'm looking forward to it too - especially the pizza par-tay with all the GDG'ers

Lynda said...

Looking forward to seeing all of you!! Its been too long!
Cavall is in everything, Luc 3 runs a day. I will enter him in a full trial maybe in March and cut Cavall back some.

Jenny Glen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!