Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good Dogs

Wicca says that being a good dog is much more tiring than being a bad dog....



Wicca was super at class last night. She did a really great job of listening, and we were definitely connected. My timing continues to improve and the handling drill we did last night was evidence of that. We had a few iffy moments, but in the end did both exercises successfully and that's what is important to me.

She didn't miss any weave entries out of the four sets of six I did. We even were able to practice some distance- which we haven't been able to do for a while due to her weave issues.

We ended on a gamble- the same one we missed at regionals last year. Of course she got it the first time with no issue. Her distance skills have improved a lot since then! (or should i say my training of her distance skills....)

Oh, and the little brat did have one bad dog moment. I asked for a nose touch to my hand and instead of her forceful but accurate bop she bit me. I have a nice little blood blister in the middle of my hand now.....

---------

I brought Pixel along so we could work on the dogwalk and teeter. She did SO well.

Her teeter is a four on with a stop. She has done one or two full teeters, but mostly we do surfing, and random dropping. Last night she did great and was really driving up it. She thinks it is a pretty fun game.

The dogwalk is a 2on2off. She is really starting to get it. I did three reps of backchaining just off the end, and then we did some full dogwalks. Her nose touches remain strong and she is driving all the way to the end- no creeping. This tells me she understands her job. We did 6 full dogwalks, some from a standstill, and some from a tunnel. I practiced sending her ahead, running past, and running with her and in all three positions she stuck her contact and did her nose touches. I am very impressed with her.

She is such a good girl!

4 comments:

Diana said...

LoL, evil Wicca. Diana

Natasha said...

Cute photo of Wicca! I'm jealous of all the training you can do over the winter, lol. Sounds like lots of great improvements. Wicca will kick arse at Regionals and Nationals!

It sounds like Pixel is learning her DW and teeter really well too! Does she ever seem to generalize her 2o2o on the DW into her teeter and do 2o2o on the teeter by mistake? Wall-e has been doing that recently. I'm not sure whether to let him do 2o2o on the teeter so I don't weaken his performance on the other contacts, or keep his 4-on criteria on the teeter. We've been having trouble training a really good 2o2o on the plank, so I think I'll just let him do 2o2o on the teeter and fix it later. He's only 14 pounds, but he has a great weight transfer to his rear, so it should be safe for now because he's only training on a TDAA teeter anyway.

onecollie said...

good girl Wicca...show her who the boss really is !

Crazy Cardiness said...

Yeah for both! WTG Pixel:-)) Glad Pixel is being a wonderful little agility dog!