Thursday, January 07, 2010

Boone 1/52


-20 on the Prairies 1/52, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

I ended up choosing Boone for my 52 weeks project. I wanted a challenge...and well, he will be one! He is pretty hard to photograph, but I will just have to become a better photographer then won't I?

I am pretty happy with my first shot, but you should all know I've been trying every day this week and it's Thursday... :o)

Anyway, I will post his 52 weeks photo every week for my blog readers to enjoy...I kind of wish I had done that with Pixel's photos more often.

The write up below is my post from Flickr about the photo.

==========================
-20 on the Prairies

It is winter in Alberta, which means cold, cold, and more cold. Boone is a fair-weather dog and doesn't appreciate the cold (hence the booties.)

This is my second year in the 52 Weeks group, and Boone's first. Last year I used my young Cardigan Corgi and this year it is Boone's turn.

Boone is a Berger Des Pyrenees or Pyrenean Shepherd. They are a rare breed but are gaining popularity in the agility world. Pyr Sheps are a french herding dog that were bred to work along side the Great Pyrenees.

I got Boone as a rescue two years ago and I can't imagine life without him. He is a dog with great work ethic, and a great sense of humor. He is a fun dog to train and an easy dog to live with. He is however hard to photograph. He doesn't like to pose, and is easily spooked in new places. It will be much more of a challenge for me this year! But, I hope to be able to capture all his little quirks and the essence of Boone.

It will be an interesting year for sure!

Uploaded by manymuddypaws on 7 Jan 10, 4.55PM MST.

6 comments:

Katrin said...

Yeah Boone! I love his coat and seeing photos of him with all his hair. Look foward to seeing him over the next year!

D.K. Wall said...

Woo, Boone, we look forward to seeing a lot of you.

Visichy said...

Boone will be a great weekly subject for us to oooooh and aaaaah over :)

K9-CRAZY said...

YAY! I'm glad you chose Boone.

Papillon Penny said...

OOOh I love that photo! Nice work!

Nicki said...

it's a great shot, good luck with 51 more!