Wednesday, June 24, 2009

training

Last night I took Wicca to class and worked on a few things.

We worked on out. As in take the far away jump when presented with two of them. As in the gamble from regionals that she should have had. She totally got it after a few reps, and then I changed it up a bit, used a tunnel, and then again with the two jumps. She generally is a very good distance dog, but I still need to be maintaining that training- and it showed!

We worked on 270's, and front crosses on a box. It was frustrating at first because she launches out of a front cross but once we did it a few times she settled down into work mode. Her 270's were okay- when I made them BIG I had to support a little more than normal, but a few well placed/timed rewards and she got it.

And that's pretty much it. We ran the jumpers course I set for class. The first time I ran it she was perfect- clean, and fast. It was a good feeling!

I took Pixel last night too- did some teeter games. She loves surfing, and isn't afraid of the movement at all. She is learning to rock backwards. She is very confident this girl.

Also worked on some jump stuff. Set up a few basic patterns (180, a pinwheel, and a turn)- she had lots of fun, and is very good about following my direction. And we ended on the dogwalk. Yes. The dogwalk. She had been on the plank between two tables a few times with no issue, so I lowered the dogwalk and she was racin' across it no problem. Of course she doesn't know "the end behaviour" yet, but I am not too worried about that at this point. She won't get on the dogwalk again until she understands her 2on2off postion on her travel plank, and then I will begin backchaining the whole thing.

Tonite is her actual class and we'll be doing some jump grids, more circle work, and working on verbal cues for out, go on, and turn. Fun Fun!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I just love, love, love the new blog header. Diana