Monday, June 22, 2009

Seminar Highlights and Photos

This seminar was hosted by the area kennel club, but actually was run by another agility group in town. Sound Confusing? It kind of was. But it was well put together, Kiersten was full of lots of great information, and I wasn't a total outcast because I had convinced some other GDG people to attend aswell.

The students of GDG that went did great- Sunar, Betty and Bosley all did very well. And I think it was great that they heard some of the same stuff that we preach to them all the time. Sometimes it is good to hear it from someone else!

My own dog did great. He totally surprised me. He was VERY excited to be working and playing. On Saturday we broke down, and then ran a standard from regionals and he rocked it. On Sunday we did handling exercises on the double box, and some distance. He followed my cues beautifully, and I handled my dog properly. He even recovered after a tractor prompted a total breakdown. (the seminar was at a farm) It was a good seminar that reconfirmed some stuff that I need to work more on with him. It also reconfirmed the fact that I need to quit babying him.

He can do it. He just needs me to trust him a bit more, and to handle him. For whatever reason I worry about him a lot- and always try and take the pressure off for him. But in reality I need to start applying more pressure, and expecting him to do what I want on course.

Boone had a blast, and I had lots of fun. I also got some good ideas for Pixel, and have actually decided what I am doing with her (more on that later)

I took my camera on Sunday so here are some cute faces from the day...


marco- a little sheltie that just came to audit on sunday.

Kes, Kierstens old girl. She is 11.5 and came along to demonstrate!

Charm, a.k.a "The Princess" is blossoming into quite the little agility dog!!!

I was a little obsessed with the schnauzer. This is Kelsey, and she is a standard Schnauzer. I LOVE the look of a well groomed Schnauzer...


Chase, the Sable Merle Sheltie.

the bos. :o)

this sharpei had a great weekend and was more focused than I'd ever seen at trials before- the power of motivation! He is cute, and "squishy" although doesn't like to be squished!

4 comments:

Jules said...

What sharp eyebrows that Schnauzer has!

yay, Boone!

Diggy said...

I should have come, stupid money :(

onecollie said...

sounds like a great weekend.....
seems like you & Kim got the same advice to stop babying your dogs....interesting!

oddman said...

Oh my. I fear Charmie has a new name. Now if I can just find a tiara... or borrow one of Rowdy Jane's??

Love Pierre - too funny!

Andi