Friday, June 12, 2009

Regionals- Friday

We had a great first steeplechase- she knocked the first bar, but even with that we still placed first time wise! Woohoo! 36.?? including the extra five...

Second steeplechase, not so much. I screwed up, but could have probably still made it but I insisted that she got the weave entry she missed the way I wanted her to (i.e I wanted to RC into the poles, and she missed the entry, instead of me saying fine, try again normally, I set her up for the RC again...and again...until after three attempts she got it...we were over time because of that...BUT- NOT ONE BAR.

The warm up run went well, I used my toy and rewarded big time on contacts, and for weaves.

I had time to take a few pics for you all

Some pics of the site:





And some random cute faces from the day!

Lucy


Bullet (a very cute baby border collie)


Jiggs- a very cute Pyr Shep. She is the smallest one I've ever seen. But man, is she fast!


and Stoker- the very handsome sheltie belonging to one of our students

4 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

What? No picture of Coulee? ;)

I'm glad Wicca did good today!

Natasha said...

Woot, great job!! Can't wait to hear about what happens next. Good thing the weather was nice -- at our Regionals the weather was TERRIBLE!! Have fun today and tomorrow!

~Nat

Diana said...

The weather looks beautiful. Great job on the course. Diana

Elf said...

Good work. Great time on the steeplechase. And I can relate to the euphoria of "wow no bars down!"