Friday, June 19, 2009

A Seminar for Boone


Well, the crazy lab lady (otherwise known as Kiersten) is coming to Lethbridge to teach a seminar this weekend. I really enjoy Kiersten's seminars and have signed Boone up to participate this weekend. Wicca is still on break. And Boone could use the work. In fact, Boone and I could really use the challenge.

Boone is progressing nicely, although we haven't really trained a lot lately. I was so focused on regionals that he hasn't done much except a few odd things here and there.

This weekend might be above his head a bit, but Kiersten assures me that she'll modify stuff for him if he is struggling too much. I think actually that it will be good for him. I tend to baby him almost. Weird Eh? I find myself thinking- he's just a novice dog. When in fact he is mostly an advanced dog. I need to stop doubting him, and need to up the challenge a bit. He is a fun dog to train, and a fun dog to run. I tend to do a lot of "baby-dog" stuff with him because I worry about his stress.



Anyway, I am hoping Kiersten will have some good advice for us as a team. I am auditing the novice session aswell. And have some questions for her about Pixel. Everyone is going to get to come and sit in the xpen to spectate, as I have no dog sitter, and I think it will be too long for Pixel to be at home.

Oh, and we call her the crazy lab lady as a term of endearment. She is not crazy, but she does have labs, and well...you hafta be kinda crazy to own a lab right?

2 comments:

Papillon Penny said...

Gee... where have I heard the comment "Don't doubt your dog"!

Jules said...

Have a good time with Boone!

And I agree - you do have to be a bit crazy to own a Lab!