Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jolene fell outta the boat...

More than a month ago Wendy (my boss) told us about a "Mystery Fun Day" she had booked for us. She refused to tell us what it was...we tried to guess of course, and I nagged a lot- but she held out.

Today was the day- and we ended up going White Water Rafting- which was totally fun!!! It reminded me of the good old days when I was little- tubing, and boating down the river in the Crowsnest Pass. It was LOTS of fun. But of course we had our share of adventure....

Jolene was a little nervous, but was good sport. And then she fell out of the boat. There was a rough spot, and she kinda bounced out. Feet Up, Arms Flailing. All I could do was laugh. I felt awful. But I couldn't stop laughing. Our guide grabbed her and we rowed to shore, there was not really any danger of death or injury, but still I kinda felt bad for laughing. But still giggle thinking about it. Poor Jo!

We got to "Body Surf" which means you basically float down the river and through some rapids. The water was super cold, but it was fun! I couldn't swim fast enough to shore though and went a little too far down stream before being saved. :o)

And Wendy jumped off a cliff- crazy lady!! A forty foot drop! But she did it- even though she was scared. We were super proud of her. I wouldn't do that. And then she too didn't swim to share fast enough and went down river...far!! The guides had to run to catch up to her. But she was fine, a little out of breathe but otherwise okay!

We ended the day with a yummy BBQ at Wendy's house- and now I am home- tired, and a little sunburnt...

It was a great way to spend the day though and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like such a great day!

Esther said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

Deirdre said...

Why is it that everytime you spend a day outside (doesn't mattter what for...agility matches, seminars, rafting..etc) you get sunburnt? One word for you: S-U-N-S-C-R-E-E-N Chickie, go buy some and use it. sheesh! :P

Glad you had fun and good on Wendy for doing that for you guys.