Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dave- Update

Dave has settled in- and was the best he's been so far today. I am sure in thanks to Neena (my friends BC that I am watching overnight). He saw her and was instantly in love. They have been playing non stop since she arrived. It's very cute. I wonder if he likes her because that's what he's used to seeing....


Dave had one accident last night (lifting his leg on a jacket on the back of the kitchen chair...) but other than that has been a perfect gentleman. I've given him more space, and mostly just ignore the weirdness. It seems to make him settle faster. I still reward verbally, and physically for any sign of bravery or confidence, but am not in his space about it. He comes in from outside on his own although if I am in a hurry I will still tie him so that I can reel him in. Otherwise it is like a 10 minute ordeal to get him in the house.

Tomorrow I am going to take him and Wicca for a walk together. Wicca is ultra confident and loves people. Hopefully we come across a few. I'd like to take him to class this week at least once, but not sure he will be up for that yet.

In other news only a one week left of work and then I am off for 10 days!!! SOOOO Excited about that. I really, really need a break.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

He is so beautiful! Glad to hear that he has settled in a little more.