Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas and Holidays

Christmas is a big deal in my family- always has been. When we were little it seemed even more magical, but even as an adult I really do appreciate the season. Spending quality time with family, the meals, the laughter, and just for once everything seems so perfect and peaceful.

The last few years have been hard- since my Grandma died things haven't really been the same. I still miss her every day. And this year my Grandpa won't be here either. He moved in the spring to Winnipeg. My brother and his family won't be here either- but that we are kind of used to now. It will be strange this year as we are missing almost half the family. But we will still celebrate as always- my sister and her family, my parents, and me. We are a small bunch, but we know how to have a good time!

I am also looking forward to the holiday aspect. I am sick right now- mostly due to the fact that I have been soooo busy lately that I haven't really been taking good care of myself. I am sure that is why a simple cold has knocked me on my ass. My head feels like it is going to explode.

We always close the daycare over Christmas and New Years. So this year that means 11 days. 11 DAYS! I am stoked. No classes, no schedule, nothing to do each day. It will be wonderful- and much needed.

Davie will finally get a bath, and I will get some good training in with my dogs. I will read, and nap whenever I want. Watch old movies, and hang out with my sister. Walk the dogs, and just enjoy their company. The weather is supposed to be great so it is looking like it will be a great holiday. :)

3 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Sounds like these 11 days of freedom are badly needed and will be greatly enjoyed!
I have so loved seeing your photos each day. Thanks for sharing them!
Each and every one of your pups personalities seem to be perfectly captured in your pics. Love 'em.
Merry days of joy be yours.

Krystal said...

Pixel's collar is very cute! Where did you find it at? I hope you feel better this holiday season. Merry Christmas to you and your four legged family!

Jenny Glen said...

Oh! I'll trade places with you. It sounds so wonderful to not have anything to do that I don't want to for several days! Just the idea of reading and napping when I want is delicious.
Get better soon so you can enjoy your time off.