Friday, January 25, 2008

Sleepless Nights


Three nights in a row Vito has had to go out multiple times in the night. Ugh. The first night he was sleeping loose in my room and failed to ask to go out- so I had to carpet clean, light candles and then go back to bed. Second night- Vito in a crate- this way, no accidents. He'll ask to go out right? Wrong. Mess in crate- the crate and Vito had to have a bath. Last night- smaller crate (fits easier in bath tub) right beside my bed. Any whining and I shot out of bed and raced him outside. No accidents but I was up four times. Ugh.


So I don't think he's feeling sick really- during the day he is lively, playful and acting normal. He is tired- but I don't dare leave him home. So today he is in a crate at my feet at work. He didn't get fed this morning- but I will feed him tomorrow- some rice or something.


Now I am wondering what is causing his upset tummy- he hasn't gotten into anything and nothing has changed in his diet- except for one thing. I discovered earlier this week that Vito eats poop. There, I said it. I caught him at the daycare on Monday (or Tuesday it's hard to remember) and have been keeping an eye on him but when there are 25 dogs you miss some poop....Anyway, I did some research on the internet and yes indeed- Poop eating dogs are prone to all sorts of upset tummies. So- I will be keeping a close eye on him- and hopefully stop it before it becomes a really bad habit!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Vito, isn't eating poop is great! My mom tries to pick it up all the time, so I can't get it much DARN, it doesn't upset my tummy, but I am picky, I usually only eat Jane's. Maybe you should be pickier about who's you eat, then your tummy won't hurt. I like to dig it out of the snow too, mmmmm Jane poopsicles are the best! When I am being naughty, I always look up to my moms window to see if she is watching me, if shes not I got for it, but then she taps on the glass, and I drop the poopsicle (for later)

You should come over here to my house and I'll show you!!

Love, your shit eating girlfriend,

Gyp Sh!t.

Brittany said...

Oh, the joys of poop eating dogs! Hobbs is a big poop addict and it has resulted in an upset stomach several times. Nothing has worked so I just follow him around with a scoop every time he goes out.

Good luck getting it to stop!

Kim said...

Poor Vito, I hope you are feeling better soon. Listen to your mom and quit eating the poop (and then tell Bosley to quit eating poop). Yes, I too have a poop eating dog:(

Marcy said...

immodium is your friend.

Marcy said...

Immodium is your friend. My sympathies.

Anonymous said...

Chevy & Rico prefer cat poop. I have had to elevate the litter boxes out of their reach, therefore forcing the cats to jump to do their thing and try not to knock the litter boxes off the shelf. Which has happened a couple of times and I wonder which is worse, the dogs eating kitty poop or cleaning up a dirty dumped litter box. Then there is the outside thing too...if either dog see the cat even thinking about digging in the dirt they are right on them..waiting, watching, bugging...and then there is the following the cat with nose up the butt wondering if a little treat is gonna pop out. It is a good thing I have tolerant cats. I think Rico has a tummy of steel, but poor Chevy gets an upset tummy once in awhile and I imagine that is cause I have been slacking on kitty poop patrol...