Thursday, January 10, 2008

:o)


Vito went to the barn this week aswell and did great. He is really starting to understand his contacts now. We played some teeter games and worked a bit on stay aswell. I have been making a concious effort to make sure that this dog knows exactly what stay means. I tend to slack off with teaching it to my own dogs. I know, weird.


So this weekend is a Wicca only weekend- all the boys are staying home. Sam is going to my parents house- where he will have free reign to do whatever he wants :o) Vito is going to Natalie's because her kids LOVE Vito and the feeling is very much a mutual thing...and Boone....well, he's going to Natalie's aswell. It is stressful for me.


The last time I left Boone home I left him at my house with my dad staying there. It was hell. Boone was terrified, my dad was terrified. It was a lose lose situation. Even now there is a big trust issue between Boone and my dad- neither one of them want to forgive or forget. So- Natalie graciously offered to have Boone at her house. He has been there before- I dogsat for two weeks before Christmas so he knows the house, he knows her dog, and most importantly Natalie knows how to deal with him. No touching, unless he initiates it, no grabbing and for god sake don't corner him. Those are the golden rules for Boone. I think I am more worried about leaving Boone then I am about the trial.


But Boone has to get over himself- and this is a good step. I just hope that everything goes well.

No comments: