Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Grooming 101

before grooming- cute, but untidy...

So I have been fighting with Boone's coat since I got him. I have to brush him everyday to keep him tangle free- and sometimes that just isn't possible. Yesterday he had to have a bath and after he was nice and clean I decided the time had come- to get the clippers out.





A month ago I went at him with thinning shears and he looked great- but it took a really long time and he was still uneven and too long. I talked to Natalie and she suggested I go and find a long clipper comb- as long as I could and see if it would work- I picked up a 1 1/4 comb- and away we went.

He looks great- he still has lots of hair- but it is short enough that it isn't going to tangle quite as easily. He handled the shaving very well has he had been shaved right down by his previous owners a few times. He also did great when I cut his nails!
He looks pretty spiffy- too bad I forgot to take a picture and didn't bring him today!!!

2 comments:

the Corgi Girls said...

I love his coat, such an interesting pup!

Sarah said...

you need to take a pic with his new do come on now!