Monday, January 28, 2008

- 45

First off I'd like to say it's FREAKIN' COLD!!!! This morning even my dogs didn't want to go out- and they aren't wimpy about snow. With the wind chill it is -45C this morning. Ugh. I hate the cold.

The weekend was spent doing doggy things and relaxing. Saturday I worked for a few hours at the daycare, did some training with the beasties and finished the day by playing cards with my family. Sunday started off with an Obedience funmatch.

I entered her in Novice and Open- just to get the heeling practice in.
Her novice run was awesome! She was very up beat and happy to be there. Her recall sucked though. We still did well though and got a 190 (I think)
Her open run started off great. I made sure to play with her between exercises and it seemed to keep her spirits up. Her drop on recall was perfect- I threw the dumbbell far to the left on the retrieve over jump and she started to come around the jump. And on the broad jump she walked it the first time, and did it no problem the second time. I think with Wicca it is a momentum problem- in that she isn't focusing ahead really so she isn't able to get the momentum to get over it. This is something we have been working on for a while.

I also did one run thru of Rally and she was awesome. Attentive and tail up and waggin the whole time. It was only 13 stations and really simple but we haven't done rally in a long time so I was really happy with her! (and me for remembering all the signs)

On the Obedience front I just got two really great books- Marie Sawfords Ring Ready- I have only browsed through it but am really excited to start reading it. There is a ton of hints, suggestions and ideas for common obedience problems. I also finally ordered Beyond Block Heeling by Terry Ryan- there are lots of great fun games and drills in there for my workgroup class when I start it again.

And that's all the news of the weekend....

2 comments:

K9-CRAZY said...

I'm lucky enough to be able to train with Marie Sawford. I especially like her puppy classes. I've never read her books though, I should pick them up sometime. You should review the books when you are done!

Jennifer said...

-45! Man, am I spoiled here in Houston. Sounds like you and Wicca had an awesome time on Sunday. How is Vito's tummy?