Sunday, November 21, 2010

Same Results, but I feel better.

Today was an almost exact replica of yesterday. Pixel qualified in the morning, and failed her heel free in the afternoon. Wicca had beautiful open rounds and failed each stay. :)

But I feel much better about it. Funny.

Yesterday I was upset about a lot of things. My lack of training, my dogs apparent lack of understanding, and at myself for getting upset. I thought a lot yesterday about what the issues are and I do think that I have a plan figured out. I think that is why I had a better day today- because I have a plan.

Funny how being able to have a plan of action seems to make things better. :)

I am so proud of both of my girls. Wicca LOVES to work, and was probably the best she's ever been today. She was right on every step of the way. Stays will continue to be an issue- so until they are reliable and her stress is gone there will be no obedience for her. I hate seeing her so stressed out. Apparently her stress only lasts for a few seconds and then she settles into whatever position she happened to be in. I do think that with work, and training! that this issue can be resolved.

Pixel did pretty darn great for her first time in the ring. I know that she is sensitive, I am not sure why I thought she'd be the same in the ring as she is in training. By the end of the weekend she was much more up- not perfect by any means, but happy. And I will take Happy.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Well, having observed agility, rally, scent hurdle, conformation I have decided that nothing equals the "rigidness" of obedience. Gawd, our dogs watch us turn into silent robots. They must wonder what the hell is going on because the rest of life isn't like that. No wonder they get worried

onecollie said...

yes Judy, I agree!

onecollie said...

PS, you are the other handler I like to watch & learn from :))

Diana said...

Im glad you are feeling better. Love the new header. Diana

Gay Harley said...

I love your amazing girls.

BTW, keep us informed of that stay strategy and training. That is our one BIG obstacle to moving on in obedience as well. Paikea just nails every other exercise and we are still stuck in novice because she can't sit (down) still. Must be a Cardi thing! LOL!

Dawn said...

I am having issues with training obedience too. Maybe we all need to work together-set up a training plan and all communicate and see if we can figure out solutions?

But, let me say I am was very glad to read that you are feeling better about it all. I think you have done an amaxing job with your dogs! When we have so many its also harder. You have done a great job, Pixel is a little younger than my girls who havent done anything yet! Bad me!