Sunday, November 14, 2010

Movin' on Up!

Wowza's...I can't believe she is in MASTERS now!

Here's the breakdown of a pretty awesome weekend.

Pixel- Q'd 4/5 runs. I did three runs on Saturday, and two Sunday. It seemed to work as she had lots of spunk left for her last run on Sunday. :)

Saturday
Advanced Standard 1- Q! Beautiful Weaves!
Advanced Snooker- she bailed on the teeter in the closing! She has never done that before, but was obviously nervous about it. More teeter work in our future!
Masters Jumpers- Clean and Way Under Time! Woohoo Pixel. Q

Sunday
Advanced Standard- Q!!! This was the last standard needed for her AADC title. We move up to Masters now....She had GREAT weaves. And so, so contacts. ;)
Advanced Gamble- Q!!! I didn't check the points, but I think we had plenty. It was a pretty easy gamble, but still- all the distance work is paying off. This is her first Advanced Gamble Q.

-----------------------
Wicca- 4/7. That's a pretty high Q rate for the wild one. I am very proud of her.

Saturday
Masters Standard- a great run. One bar.
Masters Gamble- 122 points!!! Highest overall points. We did each mini gamble twice. It was amazing.
Masters Snooker- She changed the plan, but we recovered and Q'd. :)
Masters Jumpers- I tried not to think about the fact that we only need one more Jumpers Q for our ATCH. It worked and I wasn't nervous, I didn't get lost, but Wicca did take an off course jump....It was still a beautiful run. No bars!

Sunday
Masters Standard- a really tough course. I set her up badly and she fell (well, rolled) off the dogwalk on the way up. She was fine and we kept going to do pretty awesome. I am very proud of the fact that I didn't get lost, and handled my dog pretty well. Yay me!
Masters Gamble- Q! 102 points. The end Gamble was SUPER easy- but a q is a q! We racked up lots of points in the opening though- one of the highest I believe.
Steeplechase- Q! Super fast, flowy course. We were done in 28 seconds. Just a second behind the border collies. :)
(wicca says that being a good girl is tiring!!!)

This was our last trial of the year. I am super proud of the girls- they are so different from each other, but each have their merits for sure!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Sounds like a great time! Congrats!

Judy said...

Wow! Congrats Amanda and Pixel...AADC!!What a nice working dog....and so young. Well done Wicca also!

Gay Harley said...

Congrats to Amanda and Pixel and Wicca! Wow. What a weekend. You watch that Pixel is just going to keep getting faster and faster.

Nicki said...

Great job!