Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Hero...revisited


Back in October I had a mouse problem that was going from mildly annoying to disgusting. So I got a Cat.

I figured there must be a few cat lovers out there who are wondering how Bruce is doing....

Unlike dogs, cats do not adjust quickly and it took a few months for him to be comfortable in the house with the dogs. He attacked them any chance he got, and was just a big jerk about it. He spent most of the winter in the spare room, and only allowed to have free reign at night when the dogs were locked up.

In the past few months he has really lightened up and no longer reacts to the dogs at all- he still bullies them if they make the mistake of entering his personal space bubble, but he no longer attacks them for no reason. He wanders the house at his leisure and spends most of his time sleeping in the window sill.

He has destroyed my couch, and will be sporting a fancy pair of soft paws if he doesn't knock it off. I bought him a cat post and he ignores it- preferring the feel of leather I guess....

Other than that he is a pretty great cat- he is not demanding but expects his pats and cuddles at the designated time each day. He is polite about telling me that he can see the bottom of the bowl and can I please fix the problem. He has never had any bathroom accidents and is a perfect gentleman. Unless you are a mouse. :)

I no longer have a mouse problem.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Try covering the scratching post with a material similar to the couch. They do seem to have a surface preference. Mine like carpet so we have carpet posts.