Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mountain Dogs

I brought Pixel and Boone along on a hike today- we had a great time. My friend Michelle lives in the crowsnest pass and knows all the great hiking spots. She invited my friend Maureen and I out to a hike near Turtle Mountain. It was wonderful! I took lots of photos, and it was nice to just be out with the dogs and good friends. I really need to do it more often.

It was very hot, so when we came across these giant mud puddles the dogs took full advantage...
The mud puddles were great fun for the dogs- Davin the aussie took his love for puddles a bit far and had a little lay down... :)




The Scenery- its so incredibly beautiful there. The mountain in most of the photos is Turtle Mountain- also known as Frank Slide. In the early 1900's there was a major rock slide. Even now it covers miles and miles of ground. I used to live in the Pass so it's not such a big deal- but to people who have never seen all the rocks it is pretty astonishing. We didn't run into any wildlife although we did find pretty fresh bear poop.








The friends-
Maureen with Esmae and Massey

Pixel waiting for Michelle :)


The River- after the mud bath we thought we'd better give everyone a quick rinse. :)





I really thought this weed looked cool so had to take a photo...


The two dogs and I had a great time- it was great to see Boone so relaxed, and I know Pixel had a great time aswell. Thanks Maureen and Michelle!

10 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Amazing pictures!!!!

~Lola Bugs

D.K. Wall said...

You know we loved that title! Beautiful pictures.

onecollie said...

great photos!!!....the mud..not so much ! :))

Taryn said...

You are so lucky to live near such beautiful scenery and outdoor opportunities!

Jules said...

Wow, that looks like it was an amazing hike. I am very jealous!!

Crazy Cardiness said...

What a beautiful hike! Looks like all of you had fun!

Papillon Penny said...

That's where I used to live as a teenager!

Nicki said...

I love the shot with Boone looking away at the mountains

Elf said...

Beautiful scenery AND dogs! What more could one want?

Unknown said...

Your photos are gorgeous & your dogs look like they are having so much fun!!!!!!

Dee
http://holisticbehaviorsolutions.blogspot.com