Monday, July 14, 2008

Training

It was very nice to have a whole weekend home- Saturday I had a great visit with relatives and Sunday turned out to be a great training day.

I loaded up all the dogs and went to the agility field- I practiced some Jumping drills with Wicca- collection, extension, turning, rear end work etc. She did pretty good and it was nice to go back and work some basics with her. I set up a double box with some modification and worked on threadles, front crosses and rear crosses. Our threadles were less than stellar though! I need to work on those more because we are bound to see some at Nationals. I just have a hard time figuring out where I need to be in relation to the dog, the jump standard etc.

Vito got to come out to play and he had LOTS of fun. We played with the weave poles- three reps of each side- he was pretty excited about it. And then we did a little work on the double box- a simple turn and 180 and a straight line of jumps. We ended on some dogwalk/teeter games. I have been working on "bottom" at home with the stairs and he really seems to get it. I was impressed with his speed, and work ethic. Vito hasn't been out on the equipment in at least a month. Maybe he is finally growing up a bit :o)


Boonie got to play as well and had quite a bit of fun. I am working on weave pole entries with him as he can weave once he gets in- so I used three poles and a gate, and then four poles and a gate. He has gotten over his fear of the gates and we had quite a lot of success. I also did a little box work with him- he LOVES to jump so he was a pretty happy guy! I didn't do the teeter or the dogwalk with him at all.

Sam came and helped set up- he hasn't been to the field in more than a year. He REALLLY wants to play and barks and carries on if he has to watch. So usually I avoid the whole scene and leave him at home. It makes me sad. Anyway so he got to follow us around while we set up jumps and even managed to get on the teeter once before I put him away. Poor Guy. He really loved agility.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

sounds like a fun day, well guess what Amanda - more threadles today haha, that is one thing on my list for today and other patterns etc., we can keep you set up from yesterday and change it for tomrrows class - i'll bring the exercises to see if you like them

i'm glad V is doing good and boonie, well he is just cute.

poor sammers, maybe he could do hoopers, could you imagine! he would try and jump over or bite the hoops!!

manymuddypaws said...

I knew you were going to say that. It is just as well though because we REALLY sucked :o)

Sarah said...

LOL, i knew you knew I would say that too haha