Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nosey w/updates

Two weeks ago(the friday before the trial) Wicca put her nose where it doesn't belong. Where? I don't know. I was at my parents (dog sitting) and Wicca jumped up on the couch and I noticed a big red, sore looking welt below her nose. I immediately thought bug bite and gave her some antihistamine. A few hours go by and the swelling is gone but it is still red and angry looking.
It doesn't seem to hurt though- I can touch it and she doesn't shy away. Weird.

Now I kind of think it might be a burn or something. It has been two weeks. Her nose isn't getting worse- in fact when I compare pictures it does seem smaller. But it is still there and it makes me nervous. I made an appointment at the vet just in case.



Update: Wednesday 11:53

Just got back from the vet. Wicca weighs a healthy 12.5kg. Kendra suggested using panalog for a week 3 x day to see if we can reduce the size of the spot. She doesn't think it is a bite or otherwise "bug" related- but if the panalog doesn't help she suggested Revolution just in case- she also said that with the trip to New Brunswick the revolution wouldn't be a bad idea anyway (heartworm) So no real answers- but a relief that it isn't a huge deal. She also mentioned that because it is bare skin it will be sensitive to sun- which is a good thing to know as I hadn't thought of that.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

That IS wierd...keep me posted.

Sarah said...

it is almost like the spot on Gyps leg, which I've been putting panalog on too.

I had Jane heartworm tested and treated before we went to Montreal and when we go to BC -you are right probably a good idea to take it before they go.

A healthy 27.5 pounds! LOL she weighs more than Gyp! Wicca looks he PERFECT weight right now!!!!!!

wishy the writer said...

oh, hope your dog's fine..

I heard about this charity that matches agility dogs with disabled kids and they're up for a huge grant if they get enough online votes. I know nothing else about it, but it sounds like a worthy cause and I thought I'd try to get the word out. Pass it on..

http://wishythewriter.blogspot.com/2008/07/participate-in-blog-blast-for-agility.html

Tracy Carter said...

That first pic of Wicca is great! Love it.

onecollie said...

my first collie Ben suffered from collie nose...I'd break vitamin E capsules on it to help bring back the pigment....