Monday, July 07, 2008

Agility Weekend

No Rain, Perfect Temperature (in the mid 20's) and a slight breeze all weekend made for a great agility trial. It was relaxed, and a lot of fun- I think our own trial might become one my favorites!

I had Boone entered in a few things each day. Saturday he ran Gamblers- and did great! We got lots of opening points and even got the mini once. He took the wrong entrance of the tunnel in the closing though. We ran the standard course as well even though he still is not weaving- we chose to run by. He was good though and except for a few w-i-d-e turns he stayed on course. We paired with Cheetah (another Pyr Shep) for team and had a blast. Each of them had a few bobbles but it was still a lot of fun!
Sunday Boone was entered in Snooker and almost had it. We were short by three points when again he took the wrong tunnel entrance in the closing. *note to self...must work tunnel entrances :o)
We also ran Jumpers at the end of the day and he did great! He had a great start line (something we've been working on) and he stayed with me the whole time, managed to follow a FC cue, and Q'd! It was the fastest he'd ever run (21 seconds) I was thrilled with how well he did on the weekend. Q or no Q he did pretty darn good!

Wicca had a bar knocking kind of weekend. She still ran beautifully though- (except jumpers) she was paying attention, and trying hard. She had great contacts all weekend, and good start lines. She had an amazing Standard run but knocked a bar, and we are in Masters Snooker now and did a pretty decent job! She knocked the bar in the closing (#6) so we were short points for the Q...still, I was impressed!
Sunday Steeplechase was her moment. She was great. No Bars, no flubs. Just one of those runs where you can feel the connection. It was pretty neat! I handled the ending not great and had to have her stick her bottom for longer than I should have while I moved into position for the last two obstacle. It cost us probably two or three seconds! We still won our height, and Q'd. But we could have beat 'em all :o)
The last run of the day was jumpers and wicca was a bag. Even the judge agreed with me :o) She cut in front of me not once, but twice to take an off course jump. She had it in her mind where she wanted to go I guess.

Overall it was a great weekend- It was nice to come home each night and sleep in my own bed, and have my dogs be able to relax in the comfort of home. Clean up after the trial wasn't so fun- loading, unloading equipment, taking the fence down, etc. I went home and was in bed sleeping by nine pm. and still I am tired this morning :o) Oh, and a little sunburned....

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Boonie did great, he got more and more confident as the weekend went on!!!!! He is so cute!

LOL could have beat em all, did you put that in there for me??? hey we stuck our contacts too!!!! ... and we beat em' all LOL!!!! But i agree, had you run it a bit smoother at the end you would have beat Gyp!!!

Wicca still had the I think the third fastest time in Steeplechase, it was an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG less than month Amanda ........

I agree our trial is becoming one of my favs :)

Diana said...

great job to all of you!! Diana

Paws on the Run said...

Yeah for Boonie!! He did great! He was confident and happy all weekend.

Wicca seems to know when she needs to perform so I bet she'll pick up her feet for Nationals! She did a great job out there this weekend and was very fast.

You and Sarah did a great job organizing the trial. It never felt rushed or unorganized and everyone seemed laid back and relaxed. Great choice of judges too!

onecollie said...

I didn't get to see Wicca but I did get to see Boone...he looked great!
Congrat to you all!

Dawn said...

Boone looks awesome! Sounds like it was a great weekend overall.