Friday, July 04, 2008

For the Good...

I will have had Boone for 8 months next week. Pretty Amazing.

Sometimes I forget how he was when I firt got him- he really has changed a lot. He is still quirky, but in a good way. He rarely spooks about things and when he does get nervous he is still able to think- which is all I can ask of him.

A few weeks ago on the way home from work we had hail. (I know, weird) He totally freaked out in the car because of the noise. I was concerned that he wouldn't want to get back in the next day. I shouldn't have worried as he hopped in no problem- a few months ago and it would have been quite an ordeal to get him in the car again.

I have noticed in the last little while that he sneaks on to my bed in the middle of the night- something he would NEVER have done before. (He likes the security of his crate even though the door is open) He is also a very affectionate little dog- he likes to kiss, and gives great hugs. :o)

He is laid back in the house and excited and wild in the yard, he plays like a mad man with toys, and the instant I want to do something he is ready. He is getting more and more confident on walks, and is just surprisingly normal.

It's funny because I always new he'd turn into a mostly normal dog- it just surprised me that I didn't notice!

2 comments:

Jules said...

It's so funny how change sneaks up on you. I am so glad Boone has grown so much with you - it's awesome!

Diana said...

Thats so great! Diana