Monday, February 25, 2008

nothing specific

We had a pretty boring weekend around here- and didn't do anything super exciting. I brought Vito to the "indoor dog park" at work so that he could meet some new people and he did really well. I was pretty happy with him, he was a little nervous at first but settled down and was relaxed enough to play with his dog friends.




We did a little bit of training at home this weekend- I worked on Boone's "finishes" and am teaching Vito some new tricks. (to be announced later) Wicca worked on stays (how boring) and on the turn and sit portion of a go out. Sam is learning all the names to his toys- he knows how to pick up toys and put them away and I thought it would be fun to be a bit more specific as to which toy I want him to pick up...


On Sunday I took Wicca, Vito and Boone all to the off leash park, I went with Wendy and her two dogs, and Deirdre with her two- so we had 7 dogs between us! It was pretty fun. Boone had a blast and did great with the other dogs and people. He never once went into panic mode and was relaxed and happy the whole walk. We worked on random recalls throughout the walk and I was pretty happy with him! Vito and Wicca are total buddies and it was cute to see them play their chase and wrestle games. Vito sure can cover a lot of ground!!! Sam stayed home with a yummy buffalo bone...



I also took Kate and my parents dog Drew for a nice long walk in the afternoon- Kate LOVES to fetch a ball so we did that for a while at the park. Drew is not a "quick" dog and only attempted to get the ball a few times before just laying at my feet...he's not a very active guy and mostly likes to tug or de-stuff toys, not fetch them!


Oh and on Sunday I got my new car...I didn't take pictures as it seemed a little geeky, but this is the same year and model, but mine is "cinnamon" in color....pretty snazzy....it's a 2000 Chrysler Neon...plenty of dog space, without being a mini van or a huge SUV...It will be just perfect for me...now for the hard part.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That didn't sound like such a boring weekend! You seemed to get in a lot of work with your dogs and a new car is never boring!

Anonymous said...

Ummm nice car....do you have your license? lol!!!

Sandy