Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Great day and a new title

Yesterday Sarah, two of our students and I all went to Calgary for one day of an AAC Trial. We had a GREAT day and everyone did awesome.

I will start with Wicca's brag- she Q'd in three out of four runs!!! She did amazing and I couldn't be prouder of her. Her first run of the morning was Masters Gamblers- and we Q'd pretty easily. The gamble was two jumps that you had to send your dog out to a tunnel and then straight out to two jumps, and end with the tunnel towards you. It was actually pretty simple for a masters gamble but a surprising number of dogs couldn't do it. This was her last Q needed for her Masters Gamblers title....this from a dog who still doesn't have a starters snooker Q!!!!

Her second run was the standard run- she did well but flipped out to a tunnel off the dogwalk instead of coming to me like I told her to- the rest of the run was beautiful great weaves and control. It was one of our best runs despite the off course!

Her third run was Team and it was beautiful! Wicca worked great and had no blips, bars or other problems. We were paired with Gyppie and Sarah. (more on Gyppie later)

Her last run of the day was the best we had all day! Steeplechase is proving to be Wicca's best class. She was amazing and ran it in 34 seconds! Clean- Amazing weave poles and really was listening well.

I am so proud of her- not because of the Q's but because she tried SO hard to do what I asked. I think that all the training is really starting to pay off and hopefully we just continue to improve- I have finally entered snooker again in both March and April. We have been practicing so I am really hoping that we can at least get out of starters!!!

Now for everyone elses weekend-

For any of you who know Tag you know that Jo has had to work VERY, VERY hard with him. He is a typical high drive, full throttle Border Collie who has taken a ton of work to get to where he is at. He did great yesterday and he and Jo actually connected on course for the first time. It almost made Sarah and I cry.

Maggie ran the best she ever has and Kim should be so proud of herself and her dog- Maggie is a Bernese Mountain dog- and although it is hard to picture an athletic Berner- Magggie is it. She is a fabulous dog who has enough heart for 10 dogs. She and Kim are a great team and we are very proud of them!

And then there is that Flatcoat! ;o)
Kaleb earned his ATCh yesterday- and his Masters Game title, and his Masters Gamblers title. What a Dog!!! He is an amazing guywho I really do love- despite his annoying barking, heavy breathing and chronic hapiness. That dog has never had a bad day I swear!
Sarah has worked very hard with Kaleb and they make an amazing team. I am so proud of them- he has not been an easy dog and I admire anyone who has the patience to work with a dog like that!!! Nevermind the fact that he has a millon other titles in a millon different sports- K gives it his all every single time- and it shows just how much he loves his Momma!

Sarah's other dog Gyppie has only just started trialing late last year and has taken the agility ring by storm- Gyp had yet another amazing weekend and earned her Advanced title!!! She didn't have a great start in life but with Sarah's hard work she is turning out to be a pretty damn good dog!!!

All this talk of hapiness makes me want to cry or go get a drink!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes is was a special Day, all wrapped into one jam packed day, so many great things for everyone!!

And Yes I am very proud of Bitsy, he is my boy and I love the team we have become. Thanks for always being there for us :)

Too bad Gyppie as overshadowed by him, but she too will have many great moments!

Kim said...

Congratulations to you and Wicca. Wicca is such a good dog; I love her spunk and energy and I love how much she enjoys agility. She is lucky to have such a good mom!