Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Nationals Results


I almost cried when Wicca's name was announced for 2ND PLACE in the 6" Specials Class.

I went to Nationals with the goal of placing in the middle of the pack- 13 dogs, and I am thrilled with our final placement. There were a lot of great dogs in her class this year, and we worked hard to dig ourselves out of the hole we were in on Saturday morning. I still can't believe it. Second. At Nationals!!!

Saturday we started with Jumpers. I knew the course, and I knew how I was going to handle it. I figured we'd nail it. Wicca had other ideas. She was very naughty and every time I tried to fix it, it would get worse. We finished the course with less than five points out of 75. I was pretty upset with her, and with myself.
Official Results
Course

The next class was Standard. We had a great run- with just one bar, earning us 4th place. This course ate up a lot of dogs- the start had everyone in a tizzy, and there were quite a few off courses. I am very proud to have nailed that course.
Official Results
Course

Gamblers was last, and we had a rough opening- earning only 39 points in the opening(which is low for us) but nailed the end gamble. We placed 2nd.
Official Results
Course

We ended the day in 10th place overall (which I didn't know until today!)

Sunday was probably her best day of agility ever. We started with Gamblers and had a wicked opening, and nailed the end gamble. We had 52 opening points!
Offical Results
Course

Our next run was the Standard. I knew we needed to run this clean to make up for Saturday. It was a tough course- and lots of dogs had crashed and burned. I was stoked when we ran it clean. We placed 1st.
Official Results
Course

My last Nationals run of the day was Jumpers. I was so nervous. I literally could have thrown up. I tried to stay focused, and not freak out. It was a nice course, and I knew I wouldn't get lost. We had ONE bar, on an otherwise beautiful run. It felt amazing. It was done so fast, I thought I'd forgotten a part! The bar was totally my fault- a badly timed front cross on #3...but wow. Lots of other dogs in my class ran that one clean, so I wasn't surprised to come in 10th place.
Official Results
Course

I was very nervous at the end of the day. I wanted to know, but I didn't. I knew that my chances of placing in the top half were pretty good- but the other dogs in her class ran well all weekend- not just for part of it. When the winners were announced, and my name still hadn't been called I got goosebumps. I had tears in my eyes when I went up to get her ribbons (thankfully it was so dark, no one could see- which is a whole other story)

Final Aggregate Scores

My little dog ran her heart out for me. We pulled it together after a very rough start, and I couldn't be any happier with her. What a dog.

On top of her Nationals Results she also WON 1st place in the Steeplechase Finals Prequalifier- and at the same time earned her Steeplechase Title!! The actual finals didn't go quite aswell though- I get so nervous, and just like last year we had a few bobbles caused by me. Geesh. Only the whole world watched. But even with the bobble we placed 2nd and won 50 bucks. :o)

I am so lucky to have such a great dog.

oh- stay tuned for the post about the drama and the shitty stuff that of course happened...

24 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Yay for Wicca!

penni said...

What a great showing! Congratulations to you and Wicca.

Loretta Mueller said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shep said...

Oh yes!!! Congrats to both of you!

Jules said...

Congratulations!! I just looked at the Jumpers course. oi! It makes my head spin. I'll have to look at it more closely and think about how I would handle it.

Wonderful job!! You must be so incredibly proud of her!

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOO Amanda & Wicca
So happy for both of you..

Julia

Dawn said...

WOW, great job. I noticed on the saturday standard course, your time was phenomenal. You beat the winners time by over 10 seconds. I just cant say it enough-WOW Great Job!

Diana said...

A big Congrats to you both. Well done. Diana

manymuddypaws said...

thanks!

julie- all the courses were pretty tough this year- it was a great experience though, and I am betting next years will be even tougher...

Sherilyn said...

Congratulations!! That is fantastic! :)

Kim said...

Whoo Woo for you and Wicca. Congrats on the amazing weekend you had! You are stars!

Those courses look super tough. I don't think I ever want to go to Nationals if that is what there is to look forward to :) I guess that is why it they are the Nationals - to find the best - and you and Wicca are one of the best.

Nicki said...

you guys rock, that's awesome!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

She IS a great dog, and you should be a proud mama!
You're a fantastic trainer, and I'm sure on cloud 9 over your victories.
Great pics on the other site, and it was fun to follow along.

Visichy said...

That is so awesome! You are an inspiration to us all :)

Jenny Glen said...

Congrats!!! I bet Wicca is saying "Take that, Pixel! I'm still the best!"

Holly said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Marcy said...

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!

Muttsandaklutz said...

WOW!!! Way to go!

I saw you there a few times but you looked like you were concentrating on things so I didn't want to interrupt. Hey, did you know the crowd watching the Steeplechase final was blown away by Wicca's speed. How she can run so fast on those little legs - That in itself is pretty impressive, nevermind everything else she does out there.

Congrats on your fabulous weekend!

Kristine said...

Congrats!! What a wonderful accomplishment!

onecollie said...

I'm so proud of you !!!! What a wonderful achievement!...way to go!!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Taryn said...

WOW! Great job! You had some awesome course times! That Wicca is a little rocket!

Natasha said...

Congrats on an awesome Nationals!! I saw her Steeplechase run, she was so enthusiastic, great little corgi! Too bad we didn't get to say hi -- the only time we saw you was during your Steeplechase run. (And to answer your question, we were in group D.) I thought I'd forgotten a part in the Sunday Jumpers run too, lol. Mika loved that course!

~Nat

J.Deans said...

Big congrats!!!!!