Monday, January 05, 2009

Five years



Wicca is five years old today.

She is a great dog, all heart and get up 'n go. I love so many things about this dog. I love her zest for life, and her sassiness, her attitude. Everything about her I adore. She has taught me to be a better dog trainer, a better handler, and a better dog owner. She is just amazing.
She gets an extra special birthday muffin today, and will get to play fetch for as long as she wants with her new toy.

She has really matured this year- both mentally and physically. Mentally she is finally starting to get the game- I am a better handler and we've ironed out some pretty big issues this past year. I have high hopes for her this year and can't wait to see what this seasons agility will bring us. I hope to get that elusive ATCH one day....

I also am hoping to make into the Open ring again this year. We've been training a lot lately. I do have her entered in a few rally trials at the end of the month. She loves to work, and we should be able to breeze through a novice rally course no problem.

Happy Birthday Woo!

Here's to many more agility runs just like this one! Bars up, weave entries nailed, and making up for my bad handling!!!

11 comments:

Traci said...

Happy birthday, pretty girl!! :)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Again, your photos are just incredible. I realize that your material is fantastic, (super dogs), but the photos are just wonderful, full of love for your pups. Our two corgi kids say "hey" to your kids.

miradukesadie said...

Happy Birthday Wiccie!!!! Great video Amanda but the music was just plain bad =) lol!

Sarah said...

happy b'day woo!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Wicca!

Diana said...

I second that. Happy Birthday! Diana

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! May there be many more!

onecollie said...

that was a great run!
Happy "champagne" Birthday Wicca!!!!

Blazingstar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wicca!!! Hard to believe she's 5 already!

dreameyce said...

Gotta love them slooooow maturing Cardis. Galaxy is one of them. They really keep you on your toes!

Happy birthday sharp eyes! She always looks to me like she plans on taking charge of the whole world :)

manymuddypaws said...

Wicca thinks she is the boss of the universe so you aren't far off!!! She definitely rules the household!