Sunday, January 04, 2009

Agility


So unofficialy Wicca is the NUMBER 1 Cardigan Welsh Corgi in AAC Agility! How cool is that!


Official results will be posted on aac.ca in a few weeks I am sure, but I couldn't wait and went through the results myself.



We had our best year yet- ending at 20 Q's which is a lot for us. We've certainly had our struggles- weave pole entries, start lines, missed communication, knocked bars, bad handling. We've done it all I'm afraid. On the plus side we are getting better as a team. She is more responsive to me now- which is awesome. But also in doing that I've had to tidy up my handling and be sure that what I am telling her is really what I want her to be doing! Confusing eh?


I am much better at front crosses- I can now comfortably do one just about anywhere, my rear crosses continue to be great. Distance has always come easy for Wicca and I but we've fine tuned some things this year. I am going to break down and teach a verbal cue for a 180' turn away from me (think off a contact to a tunnel) I have resisted, but I do think it will help clear up some issues with my evil arm.... :o) Snooker is not as much of a challenge for us anymore. At least I don't dread the class anymore.....


Do you want to know what I dread????

THREADLES.....

I still struggle with threadles. They are the bane of my existance. Someone asked me why I hadn't posted what my 2009 Goals were.

I have only one.

To successfully handle a Threadle on a course. Running, at full speed.

Uh Huh.

We have 365 days to practice.

Hopefully we can get it right before the year is up!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

you can do it!!!!

i just know you'll get that threadle move down :)!!

and YAY for the directional cue, Wicca will learn it so fast you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Bye bye evil arm :), though like mine, it will make a cameo every once in a while, just to keep you humble :)

Marcy said...

CONGRATS!! That is amazing!!!

Let me know about the agility trial next week-end in Calgary, since I'm off work and will be PUPPYLESS!! I'd love to come cheer you guys on.

Diana said...

Congratulations!! Well done. Diana

doberkim said...

CONGRATS!!!!

i saw a little cardi at training the other day (a rescue named bubbles) and she was so adorable i wanted to steal her... and when you got pixel i admit i looked at a few breeders.

DAMNED CORGIS WITH TAILS :)

Anonymous said...

That is very cool that Wicca is #1!!