Monday, September 01, 2008

Two Days

It has been two days and I am doing okay. It has not been an easy two days but here I am. I think that each day will get better and better. Right now I am dealing with lots of memories, and the change at home. It is very, very different at home. The energy in the house is even different. Sam was the loudest dog- I don't think I have heard one bark at home. Sam was the dog who always wanted to do stuff (fetch, tug)- the dogs have been content to play with each other.

There have been moments where I just expect him to be there- at my feet- and I have to try hard not to break down. Yesterday I went and bought the dogs each a new toy. I bought an extra one. Things like that can make tears appear like magic.

I would say that the nights are the worst- you see all my dogs sleep on my bed. Sam was the snuggliest. I have been making Wicca- she hates it and has started to sleep on the floor on the dogbed :o) Vito is liking the new change and is happy to snuggle. Boone is not interested in that nonsense! But we are adjusting and doing okay.

I still miss him a lot and assume I will for quite a while. But I am okay with my decision and know in my heart that I did the best I could for him. He is not in pain- he doesn't hurt, and he can do what he wants. Everyday will get better and better- I plan on staying busy, and taking each day as it comes. I am sure I will have my moments but for the most part I think I have cried enough for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The decision is never easy, but to prolong suffering isn't something a person with a heart could do. Sam was lucky to have you. And you were lucky to have Sam.