Friday, September 26, 2008

15 minutes

My yard is small, and kind of a weird shape with trees, and patio blocks in my way. But I still manage to have some "agility stuff" set up to train when I have the odd moment. Yesterday I played with the dogs for about 15 minutes after work, but before laundry, dishes, supper, and back to work for classes. Anyway,
I have stick in the ground weave poles- 8 up at the moment for Boone (or 3 for Vito) and two jumps made out of my spare weave poles.

Boone is doing 8 poles now at home- no weird fourth pole thing, and he is able to weave mostly independant now. He is starting to get a bit of a rhythm. We have been working mostly on the "off" side as that is his weaker side for sure.

Vito learned how to do a 180 and a 270 last night. When the fancy strikes him he is quite the agility dog ya know. :o) We are also working on weave poles. I am clicking his weaves- I don't have gates at home, and I figure I might as well experiment with my dogs a bit. Seems to be going pretty well- I think this way doesn't really teach them to find a rhythm at all- but we'll see.

Wicca is not playing, not wrestling, not running, and most definitely not playing agility in the backyard. You could imagine what she had to say about that :o)

Oh and for those who don't know the 2008 FCI Agility World Championships are being held right now in Finland. I am addicted to reading, and watching. The banned band blog updates regularily (listed as the last blog I read) their dog Stevie Ray is on the team, and there is also a YouTube page of all the Canadian Team Runs so far... Go Canada Go!
Also Fanny Gott is going to watch every day so she has posted as well. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Wicca, send her to Aunty Sandy for a few restful days lounging on the bed with milkbones and animal planet.

onecollie said...

I admire your dedication to training your dogs....I really slip during the week...but then again, you are just a youngin so you can do it!