Monday, September 22, 2008

The Good the Bad and the Great!

The Medicine Hat trial was lots of fun as usual- the weather was almost perfect, and the club did a great job of hosting the trial.


Wicca had a good start to her weekend- a Masters Standard Q- it was a great run and I was very proud of her. The other two standards had a bar or a missed weave entry. And then came jumpers where she was horrible- broke her start line and shot out before I could even stop her. Brat. We made it half way though and I stopped her, picked her up and carried her off. I haven't had to do that in a very, very long time. Brat. Outside the ring I put her down and discovered that she was limping. Front Right shoulder. In the jumpers round she had gotten hung up on a weave pole- for those that have seen her weave you know that can happen with her as she tries to push them out of her way- I think what happened is when she got stuck she tried to force her elbow around it- yeah. I gave her some metacam and let her rest. In the morning she seemed to be better- I wondered if it was just the skin that she had irritated- rubbing on the weave pole like that- and ran her in Gamblers first thing Sunday- she did great- got the mini gamble once- almost twice :o) and got the main gamble no problem. A Q for Miss Wicca. And then she was limping. So I pulled her from the rest of the trial- poor Wiccie. She was pretty miffed about the whole thing. It sucked to pull her from Team as I wanted to run with Gyp for her title- but what do you do.


Boone had a GREAT weekend and I am very proud of him. He didn't leave the ring- although he did try once but I called him back. He did an a-frame contact by himself!!!!! I was so excited. He also weaved twice- 6 poles. I am thrilled with him. He had a great standard run- and was by far the best he'd ever been. He also had a really good snooker run too- but I got stuck behind a jump and he took the wrong tunnel entrance. He and Cheetah- another Pyr Shep- ran as team partners and Q'd!!!! Can you believe it! Cheetah is a free spirit kind of a guy, and sometimes does his own thing- all weekend he had been pretty goofy but he pulled it together for team. Pyr Shep Power! :o) So of course we had to do the cheesy team picture-it's not every day that the two wierdo pyr sheps Q ya know....
and the outtake.... :o) and finally, the great news of the weekend is that Gyp got her ATCH!!!! As predicted she had a great weekend and had no problems getting those two last Q's needed. Gyppie is a great dog- one that always tries her hardest to do what's right- she is an honest dog with a lot of heart. Sarah has done a great job with her. I am sure Sarah will be posting later today about her weekend- you can check it out on her blog...Good Job Girls!!!

6 comments:

Jules said...

I hope Wicca feels better soon.

Sounds like Boone and Gyp had a super weekend. Congratulations!

GeeRome said...

Congrats on the showing at the trial. YAY to Gyp for the ATCH, for Boone for the successful runs, and for Wicca for keeping you humble. haha We all need those brain fart rounds to remind us that we do this for the love of the game and the love of our dogs.

Hope Wicca is feeling better and the limp has improved.

Diana said...

Great job!! I hope Wicca gets better soon. Diana

onecollie said...

oh how adorable....
you can call the picture, The long & the short of it!!!

Sarah said...

LOL at Jolene!!!

Kim said...

Yay Boone for having such a great weekend. He is sure loving agility and is doing great.

I hope Wicca gets feeling better soon. Darn those weave poles for getting in her way.