Tuesday, August 02, 2005

What a Day!

Well, I bit the bullet and went to calgary on sunday for scenthurdle and boy, am I glad I did. Wicca is more than ready to be back and had a blast...
She raced really, really well...I was a bit nervous- we haven't raced or practiced since the lethbridge show (before she was sick) and I didn't want to let the team down but she was right on. She was very excited to be there and grabbed the right dummy every single time- her only problem was when she was neck to neck with another fast dog from another team- she started veering outof her lane to chase him but I just yelled to her to fetch it and she forgot about the dog and zoned back into her dummy...What a good girl...She loves that game so much...it is amazing.

I also decided at the last minute to enter in an agility funmatch in the afternoon and I am really glad I did. She did great- it was a a modified ckc novice course and I jumped her at 6inches- no knocked bars...she held her contacts really well even though it was a fast course and had no problems working out ahead of me....there was a tunnel trap which she pulled off beautifully (my good handling for once) and over all I was really impressed with her....I can't wait to get her at a trial...

On that note we are still plugging away at our weaves....they are coming....

-amanda

No comments: