Sunday, August 21, 2005

Agility and Corgi's don't float...

Well I took Wicca out to do some agility this morning and good news- her jumping is finally improving. She is keeping most of the poles up even with speed and bad approaches. the bad news is that she is really testing me right now on her contacts. I took her right off the field today because she blew her wall contact- it's the first time she has outright broke the rules.....but she got the picture- I brought sam out and made her sit and watch and then she got to try again....Sam was very good- we worked on front crosses, contacts, and tunnel discrimination...He is such a cute little dog....

In the afternoon I found out that contrary to popular belief corgi's don't float!!!! I took Sam and Kate out for a walk with some friends around a really nice little lake- Kate loves to swim (it's one of her passions in life) but Sam generally does not like water- as far as I know anyway...But Sam does love to play fetch and after a few throws that Kate swam out to get Sam decided that he wanted the stick too- so in he jumped....And promptly went head first into the lake and sunk straight to the bottom- I was just about to grab him out when he re-surfaced and paddled back to shore...Poor Sam! He was very upset and embarrased...We were cracking up at him at this point- his ears were pinned to his head- he was soaked to the bone and was heading for the car before I called him back...Poor Guy!

I played fetch with him after on the grass and that seemed to make him feel a little better....but I think his career as a Labrador Retriever is over.....
-amanda

No comments: