Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer!!?


Summer may have finally arrived. We actually had some warmth yesterday and no rain. It has been raining off and on for the whole month of June. So bring on the sun!!!

I finally brought out the dogs little pool and Wicca was kind enough to help me fill it. She likes the hose a lot and will run around the yard spraying the other dogs (and me). It's a good idea not to get too close to her. lol.

I've been looking online for deals for a big pool- an actual swimming pool so that the dogs can swim. The river is unpredictable, dirty, and well often inconvenient. If I had a pool in my yard big enough for the dogs it would be awesome. Good therapy, exercise and FUN! I've found some on kijiji- but nothing quite what I was looking for. I am going to go scope them out at Canadian Tire today.

This weekend is the Canada Day long weekend- we are doing Agility demos on Sunday so that should be a lot of fun. Wicca gets to come and run barrels! I am excited, and nervous. lol. It's running in a clover leave pattern so theoretically she shouldn't break. Pixel and Boone are going to stay home. Boone was going to come and be the star but with all the thunder we've had this week, combined with the random fireworks last night and he's a bit of a mess. And Pixel isn't ready for agility anyway so she might aswell stay home and keep him company. Vito and Brit will be the demo dogs for the day. :)

I have a little spotted visitor for a few days. Halo is a 5 month old Dalmatian. She is uber cute, and is keeping all the dogs on their toes. I will try and get some photos this afternoon to post. Puppies are cute, but spotted puppies are the cutest!

Monday marks the first day of Go Dog Go's (me and sarah) participation in a Horse 'n Hound camp. Yes- I will be working with children. I must have been having a bad day when I agreed to it. lol. Hopefully it will be fun- we've got some good stuff planned. It's only a few hours a day for a week- how hard can it be?



1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay, backyard pool! That must be a lot of fun in the hot weather.