Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop Freaking Out...Part 2

I took Wicca to see Dr.Devall today- hopefullly this can be the last appointment for a few months. It went really well, and her adjustments are holding pretty well.

Her shoulders were where the trouble was at this time. Particularily her left shoulder/bicep area. I can't remember what the muscle was called exactly, but it is essentially her rotator cuff. She got some trigger point needles (which Wicca didn't care for too  much), and laser. Veronica showed me some exercises I can do to improve her range of motion as she is still quite tight there. Likely from years of this...



Her neck and pelvis were great- and only a few little adjustements in her back. I am pleased that she is doing so good. I really just need to stop freaking out, but it's hard. I love this dog to bits, and want her to be healthy and happy. Not stiff, sore, and miserable. She is on the road to that though, so it makes me very happy. The plan is to spread out the treatments every three months or so, depending on how she is doing. Combined with frequent massages from Sarah. :)  The massage helps a ton, and Veronica said that it was good that I had her worked on when the shoulder flared up. So I'm going to get on a regular schedule with that aswell.

Her coat is super crappy right now- it's so dry, and with it being so cold I have the heat on all the time. She gets Salmon Oil every day, but Veronica also suggested Cod Liver Oil. 1/4 tsp twice a day to start. I am going to go and pick some up this afternoon. All the dogs coats are dry, so everyone will get some. She is also due for a bath- (maybe this weekend if I have time!).

So that's that. Hopefully I can keep Wicca semi-active without hurting herself, and we can go back to spending money on more fun things. ;)

7 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Oh, Amanda.... You love Wicca SO MUCH.... As though she were your flesh and blood DAUGHTER.... It is only NATURAL for you to FREAK OUT!! I would....

WigglyZack said...

Hang in there. You are doing everything you can for her and things sound like they are improving. I am pleased for you and Wicca and hope things continue to improve!!!

WigglyZack said...

Hang in there. You are doing everything you can for her and things sound like they are improving. I am pleased for you and Wicca and hope things continue to improve!!!

Jules said...

It is hard to stop freaking out. I am glad Wicca is doing well and you can spread your appointments out further. A question about the cod liver oil - did she say why she suggested it? I have Irie on salmon oil and coconut oil for dry skin and bought a humidifier for the bedroom. Thanks!

manymuddypaws said...

I asked her about the coconut oil actually- because a friend recommended it. Dr.Devall said that Cod Liver Oil would be better. I didn't think to ask why. lol

Tucker The Crestie said...

I can imagine how difficult it is for you to see your precious girl in discomfort and unable to do the things she loves to do. Hang in there - you're doing everything you can!

Jules said...

ah well! Hopefully the cod liver oil will take care of it. I am sure it is better for inflammation than coconut oil. The above combo seems to have worked for Irie.