Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back on Track 9/52


Back on Track 9/52, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

At 7 years old Wicca is as physically healthy and fit than she ever has been. Due to her insane speed, and intensity on the agility course she has had some pretty big injuries in her career. She was often lame after a weekend, and sore or stiff after training. I took even more weight off of her, started supplements on a regular basis, took her to a rehab vet and do the prescribed exercises religiously, and bought a Back on Track coat for her. The coat is made of a ceramic fabric that reflects the body heat back into her, increasing blood flow, and helps to prevent stiffening muscles. It has made a world of difference and she wears it most of a trial weekend. I've had it now for a few months and although she hates to wear it (she doesn't like to wear stuff) it makes such a difference in how she feels I make her.


You can read more about the coats at- www.backontrack.com
-----------

I am fighting a wicked cold right now and wish there was some magical thing to make me feel better. Two nights now of almost no sleep due to coughing. I hate being sick, and it seems that this winter I have been sick a lot. Maybe I need to move somewhere warmer...

1 comment:

Gay Harley said...

I'm interested to see that coat on Wicca. I have one for Paikea and it always looks awkward on her because of her odd body shape. I'm worried she'll trip on the front of it, it hangs so low. So I only have it on her at night. I'd love to have it on her at trials, if I thought she'd tolerate it. Wicca gets around okay in it?