Monday, July 11, 2005

Getting back to normal

Well after a very scary week I am working at getting my life back to normal. Wicca is doing awesome- It is almost like she wasn't ever sick. She is still not feeling 100% but way better than last week. While Wicca is recuperating I have been working with Sam much more seriously-. I have started some targeting work and also introduced the dumbbell and some scent work. He is such a happy worker! He has caught onto the touch stick very quickly and will follow it anywhere. I also just today started teaching him directionals- come by and away...in preperation for sheep this summer...
I played with Woo a bit today- fine tuning some tricks, working on directions, and a little bit of heeling. She really enjoyed it. I am never sure how much is too much but she usually lets me know when she is tired...She was still anxious to work when I put her away..
Kate and I just played frisbee. I usually take her to the park almost every day- just her and I- but all of the dogs are restricted to the house and yard for a the rest of the week so we had to settle for the back yard.
I am going to talk to the vet tomorrow and find out just how long Wicca is contagious for...and how long she and the others have to be housebound....
-amanda
The below picture was taken the week before the lethbridge dog show by my good friend Liz...It is my favorite picture of Wicca- I love the intensity and thought I should share...

No comments: