Friday, November 27, 2015

Learning Stuff

Siren is soaking up life and learning like a little sponge. She is so clever and is a total problem solver. She has great focus, and most importantly the "want" to learn. We are building up food drive (she didn't have any!) and her toy drive is alive and well. She loves to tug, and fetch, and kill stuff. We are working on impulse control and some basic dowhatiwantandyougetwhatyouwant. She is starting to figure that out. 

So far her challenges have been:
Focus. It's short. And she is easily distracted by "shiny" things. 

I don't want to. Already! So young to have these moments. But she is a terrier. So we play the i-know-you-don't-want-to-but-CAN-you games. And she is improving each session. I haven't been brave enough to see if it's working yet. When she throws the "I don't want to" in my face during a training session or real life we just end the game and I play with someone else. Soon I'll see if the training is paying... 

And that's it challenge wise! She is highly motivated and loves to be right. So it's super fun to train her. I'll try and video some trainingn sessions to post here so I can look back and say "LOOK!"

1 comment:

Ruth said...

She is so cute! :)