Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year

No big long blog post to finish off 2013 and set direction for the new year. Just not into that at all lately. I've tried a few times to write something and each time I end up with nothing.

2013 was interesting. Not bad. Or good. Just different. Lots of change. Lots of unease. But it all worked out okay in the end- as things often do. I believe 2013 was supposed to be my "year of doing". And I did that. I did lots of some things. And none of other things.

This year I don't want to limit myself. Or really even think for one second that I can plan a mind set for a whole year. Instead I'm just gonna do what feels good. All year. If it feels right, I'll keep on keeping on. And if it doesn't- well, I will a) figure out a way to make it feel good. Or b) not. And change the plan. Easy peasy.

My goal is to simply stay in a good head space. The rest will follow.

Edited to add:  I have big plans for 2014. And am starting the year with promise, and hope, and determination. I WILL be back in the agility ring this year. The little stuff I've been doing with Leo has ignited the fire in my soul for the game. Starting the year off auditing a few seminars, and hopefully and online handling course, and before ya know it we'll be ready! Whoo!

Sheepdog stuff is still front and center. It truly is my passion. So much to learn. So much to teach my dogs still. So much to experience on this front. This year I plan to trial a bit more, and move Brit to intermediate. I think she can do it.

Brit is also going to head to the Rally rings a fair amount this year. She is mature enough now, and seems to lvoe the work. It'll be nice to be back in the ring more often!

The corgis don't have plans really. I do hope to get that final CDX leg for Pixel. I'm going to just putter away at it when I have the opportuntiy! Wicca is gonna be ten in a few days. I'm not ready to talk about that. Vito is a bad boy lately. Good thing I love him. And Booneis enjoying life- barking, and playing, and being a goof.

How can it not be a great year with all this awesomeness???!!!!



2 comments:

Taryn said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like a good goal!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What you did come up with was pretty terrific!