Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Goodbye Drew

Drew was a great dog. The perfect dog. A dog who was full of gentle wags, happy woofs, and soft snuffles. He was the perfect family dog for over 11 years. 

I took him today on his last trip through the drive thru. The last walk in the coulees, and a last roll in the grass. All of which he greatly enjoyed. But I think the cheeseburger especially.

It is so hard to say goodbye. It never seems as though we have them long enough.
He was the cutest puppy. Sweet and gentle even then.
Smart as can be. My first fully clicker trained puppy.
Tricks were his favorite!

My parents house will be empty without him. 
My heart hurts.
He is so missed. 


Now he and Kate will be together again. Buddies forever. 


Rest in Peace Dewi. You were a good boy.

5 comments:

onecollie said...

I am just so sad, and so sorry :(
What a wonderful perfect dog he was

Agnes said...

Only 11 years old???!!! Too sad!!! May him rest peace in heaven!!!

Taryn said...

Awww, I am so sorry. They never stay with us long enough.

Jenny Glen said...

Tough week! So sorry. Hang in there and hug your dogs.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Lordy it's hard to say goodbye to such wonderful dogs. It's an honor to have loved them.