Sunday, September 01, 2013

Home

Yesterday we made the long drive home. I thought it would feel shorter because of the familiarity of the drive. Not so much. lol. But man, what a great holiday. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was better than I thought it would be. And just what I needed.

I am glad to be home. With my dogs. In my little house. And oddly I am even looking forward to going back to work. It was still really tough to leave my Grampa though. But I am already planning my next trip out there. This time by plane. ;)

I put together a video of our trip. More for my sister and I to be able to look back on our trip. But I thought I'd share it here. Its about five minutes long. With only a little dog content. I won't be offended if you don't watch. ;)



Oh, and I should mention here that I did not go to the Border Collie finals. It was just too far! Nine hours is a long way to go. It was completely my bad planning- I didn't realise it was that far away. I had thought it was half way. Six hours didn't sound so bad. But nine was too much. I felt bad letting the organiser down- I know it is hard to get help. But in the end I was able to spend even more time with my family. So it all worked out.

1 comment:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What a fabulous gift you gave yourself and your family! These memories are priceless. All the dogs ended up with their own vacation memories and a break from each other. Your vid shows so much heart, and the pics of the dogs, each in their own spot for the two weeks are super. What great friends, family and dogs you have Amanda...you're blessed!