Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Every day is pool day!!

I just realised I've failed to blog about the pool!!!! I've been swimming the dogs at various lakes and rivers almost all summer. Swimming is something that Wicca can do plenty of for exercise, and for conditioning. And all the other dogs benefit too. I'm constantly working at keeping my dogs in shape so we would make the 20 minute drive almost every day to swim. It was time consuming.

And then I bought a pool off kijiji for $50!! Steal of a deal. And it's huge. Well, it's supposed to be. The actual pool is supposed to be 16 feet in diameter, and 40 inches deep. Because of a little slope in my yard, and my less than perfect pool filling abilities it is smaller than that. Still about 16 feet wide on one direction and maybe 20 the other way. Oh, and about 20 inches deep. Deep enough for corgis to swim (and a reluctant Pyr Shep), but not for Brit. Which is sucky- but it's still good resistance so we walk in it at least.

The dogs have been mostly enjoying the pool- Wicca loves to swim and fetch and is very excited to show anyone who comes over her super pool skills. Brit will jump in at any request. The other three not so much. lol. Pixel acts like she is going to drown, Boone whines and turns frantic, and Vito sinks. (well the front half anyway. His butt floats oddly enough..lol) It's a work in progress to get them to like it. But it's still fun. And it's been really hot so nice to have for me too!!!

When it was just filling everyone was curious- even those who don't like it at this point...

You want me to go where>??

The Three bad girls..

Pixel thinks this amount of water is perfect!!!

Like a big drinking bowl...
and as it got deeper they were less willing to get in on their own. And now that it's at full capacity. Well, there are many cookies involved. ;)

Wicca fell off the board...

Vito likes to surf, but not the getting wet part...


Boone is the one who hates the pool the most. It takes much convinving that he isn't going to drown..
My dad made me stairs for an easy exit. All the dogs are a pro at this part. :)
So more swimming for the next month or so- until Winter comes. And next year I'll know better about how to set the thing up!!!

PS. Last day of work today for two whole weeks!!! Makes me so FREAKING happy. Not that I don't love my job. But a break is a very good thing!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Looks like fun!

Charlene and Storm said...

wow thats fab!!! and they look so cute with there little wet skinny bodys xxxxx

WigglyZack said...

Wow that is paw some!!!

Taryn said...

I would not be able to keep my guys out of that!

We thought of getting one like that but didn't want to kill a huge section of grass.

How does it stand up to so many toenails? I would think a hole would eventually get poked through somewhere.....

Anonymous said...

Viewing these dog pictures brings back the reminiscence of my two late dogs, where they had been trained on dog obedience training classes. I miss them.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Those expressions just cracked me up! Great shots of the furkids!
Enjoy those days off work.