Friday, April 15, 2011

I did it.

I entered Pixel in regionals. (and wicca too of course)

I waited until the very end because I wasn't sure- but I am sure now that she will be ready.

Regionals is all masters courses- two standards, two jumpers, and two gamblers. This is spread over two days. This will be my first time running two dogs at regionals. Mentally I didn't handle running one dog very well last year so maybe two dogs will be better. lol (joking.) In truth I have found that running Pixel is less stressful and easier almost. Even on the same course. At trials this has been a great benefit for me as I am more relaxed, and it totally rubs off on Wicca. So I think this will transfer over to regionals aswell. :)

Pixel is definitely ready I think and will do fine with the courses- the only issue will be the gambles. At this point we aren't doing so well in the distance department. But it's coming. Last night she drove into the weaves no problem at almost 20 feet! And we are working on adding distance, and funny angles to our contacts. Our "turn" cue is still not as strong as it needs to be. But we've added that into our training at home every day and already I am seeing improvements.  Her dogwalk is very good in training- we haven't been to a trial lately to test it out, but I am sure that she is understanding for sure what I want. Our next trial isn't for a month still.

I am really waffling about Nationals at this point- everything is so expensive! Flights are more, hotels are more- and sadly I don't have a money tree in my backyard! But I haven't ruled it out yet.

2 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Good luck girls!

Natasha said...

That's so exciting!! I'm envious, we can't go this year either, but good luck and have fun! Wicca and Pixel will both do great, I'm sure of it.