Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Supa' Stars

I took Pixel and Boone to class tonite and am so proud of them both.

Boone was awesome- quick and focused. He had two little weird moments but I was able to stop him and refocus right away. He is a total drifter- and we've struggled with this for a long time. So I was happy when I was able to get him back into me and continue working. His weaves were very fast, and we practiced front and rear crosses on them. I was impressed. I have him entered in a few events this weekend- two starters standards (FEO), and a steeplechase. Both of those classes will be fast and flowy- a good reintroduction to a trial. The goal is for him to stay "up" and connected with me the whole time. After tonite I am feeling pretty excited about that.

Pixel is just a good girl. She just always does what I ask, and if she does something wrong it is my fault. Always. That's just the kind of dog she is. We had some good speed tonite- and her dogwalk is improving a lot- she was succesful about 80% of the time- her highest yet. We've been working on the board at home which has sped up the process and understanding a bit. Her weaves are also much improved. I've discovered that I really have to pull her through them- keep her driving ahead instead of rocking back. The second I fall into step next to her she looses that bit of "oomph" that propels her forward. We worked on entries and exits and she was pretty great. I have her entered in just three things aswell- Gamblers, a Masters Standard, and Masters Jumpers. When the entries opened for this trial I wasn't sure where our contacts would be so didn't enter much. But it will be good for her to have to sit around and WANT to play. We like to tease the pixel. :)

No comments: