Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Regionals Prep- Jumpers

Last night we ran a Jumpers course from last years Ontario Regionals. It was "Jumpers Round 2" designed by Tim Ostrem who is actually from Edmonton. It was a fun course. There was good challenge, but it also flowed really well. It was also fast.

The problem is me. I need to focus. I have a hard time thinking when I am stressed. I have a hard time planning for the whole course when I am worried about getting lost. Jumpers is my weakness. My dog however does pretty well despite me.

Our first run wasn't pretty. The start was awful even though I led out- I was using the wrong arm to change her lead. She knocked five or six bars- most due to my handling. Ugh.

Second run was MUCH improved. Two bars, but good run. I didn't get lost, and I didn't have to think about the course other than my handling. Which is what I need to be able to do the first time.

At the end of class I used my time to work on some threadles. We did it successfully with no speed twice, and then I added speed and barely squeaked by...but we are improving. I need to be patient and hold her head. It is hard to think that fast. But I am practicing religiously. I am hoping that I'll have practiced it so much that there won't be one....

I am stressed. The pressure is on. Less than three weeks away now.

1 comment:

Sue C. said...

Sadly Tim will not be from Edmonton for much longer. We found out a couple of weeks ago that Tim and Isabelle are moving to Toronto in a couple of weeks. We are all very sad... We'll miss them.