Thursday, April 02, 2009

From the Hip

On my Flickr- 52 Weeks for Dogs Group - there are occasional challenges, you don't have to participate in them, but I wanted to give this a try. From the Hip means to shoot the photo without looking- generally at Hip level for most dogs. With my short dogs I've discovered that it is more like knee level. It is MUCH harder than you'd think- I get LOTS of crap. Fuzzy, No Dogs, Pieces of Dogs, Out of Focus...you name it and it happens when you aren't looking!

I did manage to get a few today though that I am considering for my challenge.

This is my favorite, but she's not quite in focus...I actually got this one yesterday


and these are the "runners up"






Which one do you like the most???

oh- and I ALMOST caught Vito's smile....



one day I'll get it...it truly is the cutest thing ever.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

I really like the first one, or the third one! Good job!

Dawn said...

I really like the one with the tug and the look in her eye! That is a great shot #2 in the runners up.

Jackie's Mom said...

I like the 3rd one (what a look she has in her eyes!) and the last one (the hinny shot)

Jules said...

I like the tug shots. Especially the second one. She looks so happy.

Diana said...

I like the one with the last half of body and the tail. Diana

onecollie said...

my vote goes for the sideways tug....

Bobbi said...

I like the bum/tail shot the best.

Shep said...

Third shot is fantastic for a shot on the knee, so to speak! I love the angle, the crop, the teeth and the eye. :) I love shots like that though - they're so different!

illona said...

trust me, the more you shoot like this, the better you get ... and you get some pretty amazing shots.

you can try to switch your camera's Auto-focus so that it's automatically focusing on the closest object ... or just get better with your aim. :)