Monday, September 03, 2007

Kestrel Ridge

Yesterday we went to one day of an AAC Agility trial in Calgary- it was held at Kestrel Ridge Farms and I must say it is one of the most beautiful trial settings I have ever been to. In 2004 the Regionals were held there- this was before Wicca was around and was actually the worst agility experience I ever had with Kate.

Anyway, Wicca was great. She had some Wicca moments of wildness but overall was great. Our first class was Masters Gamblers. She nailed it- it was jump into a tunnel under the dogwalk, over the same jump again and then up the dogwalk and over a jump. Wicca was the last dog in the class and over and over again I saw dogs bite the tunnel- Wicca was the only dog to Q! I was SO proud of her- she listened well and although didn't hold her contacts as well as I would have liked I was still beaming!

Next class was Advanced Standard- I over handled my dog and made things much more difficult than they were and sent her over the jump the wrong way...I was pretty annoyed with myself. The rest of the run was just weird. I was off, and Wicca was off. She went out of her way about 3o feet away to take a jump...it was just weird.

And then came Team- we had a wall issue- Wicca apparently forgot what bottom means. We fixed it and also had an off course.

Jumpers was the last class of the day- it was awesome. The course was pretty easy but had lots of weird angles- I had planned to do three rear crosses as I knew I couldn't get there for a front. Wicca was amazing. We ran it in 24 seconds- fastest in the class by three seconds. We knocked one bar (on a turn) and otherwise it was perfect. She handled great and I did a good job too!

Overall it was a great day, and it was nice to go just for the day. Next weekend is the Kimberly trial which is my all time favorite. It should be lots of fun...and maybe, just maybe we will get a Q in snooker....
(which is all we need for our starters game title. ) Everyone else in the world needs team Q's for their AtCh- I on the other hand will need Snooker Q's- I just know it.....Snooker is not our game!!!

-Amanda

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great day. Soooo sorry to hear about Sam. Poor little sweet faced boy! I would be mad and sad too. Give him a snuggle from Texas!